Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Collaborating


OK, first let me tell you a little bit about us. We, Mireille and Suzy are 2 friends, both from the Netherlands, but lived all over the world. Found each other here in Ridgefield, CT. Living on the same street, became friends and now started a small business together. Joining our first 2 letters of our names: SuMii and added an extra i to let it pop out. Since the Wii became popular, SuMii is easy to read.
Suzy is a photographer, me I am a stylist/photographer. However, my level is not the same as Suzy...I need to practice a bit more to get there. But I have the eye ;-) And I love to do the styling, make-up, backgrounds, themes..etc. So a nice combination and that's how SuMii was born.
Our first photo shoot together was back in 2005. I wanted some Xmas cards from our girls and had this idea of red fur. The girls naked only in red (fake) fur. Shoot looks amazing, however some people thought it was a bit piquant...to say the least! But common, the girls were 3 years old! Well I guess, that is the difference between liberal Europeans and conservative Americans from the North East. We thought it was a great shoot, nothing too revealing and very unique.
Please, share your thoughts.

1 comment:

Free Spirit said...

I love this collage. How did you create this, what software ?? So are you and suzy still working together ??We need to chat photography more.

Me, myself and Mireille

My photo
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Traveling nomad with hunky husband and adorable twins. Living in the metropole of Johannesburg and traveling as much as we can. Cooking, photography and finding the funky here and there that make we wiggle and giggle.

Contact me at:

we picture {this}

View My Stats
Blog Flux Directory

Photo Blog ring